- 1977-The company is founded as a “Societe Anonyme” by Athanasios Sarantis.
- 1980-The chipboard unit commences production operations.
- 1982-The melamine facing chipboard unit commences production operations.
- 1986-The chipboard veneering unit commences production operations.
- 1989-A sales branch is created in Thessaloniki in order to coordinate the promotion of the company’s products in Northern Greece.
- 1991-A sales branch in Athens commences operations in order to support sales in southern Greece.
- 1992-An ultramodern, 4400 sqm distribution centre is created in the area of Nea Agchialos, Northern Greece.
- 1997-A new unit using post forming technology for the production of semi-finished furniture components with the distinctive title
POLYTHETA® commences operations.
- 1998-AKRITAS receives ISO 9002/1994 quality assurance certification from TUV CERT, Germany.
- 2000-Company shares begin trading on the Athens Stock Exchange-
Installation of the ERP R/3 system.
- 2001-A second melamine unit commences production operations Construction of a multi-storied privately-owned office building is completed in Alexandroupoli where the company’s administrative services are transferred.
- 2002-The company’s internal operational charter is drafted – The company receives the new quality assurance standard certification ΙSO 9001-2000 from the international organization,ΤUV HELLAS.
- 2003-The new AKRIPAN® chipboard unit commences production operations constituting an investment that sets AKRITAS apart in what concerns quality and production capacity – capacity of 1.000 cubic meters on a 24-hour basis – and establishes the company as the largest of its kind in South-Eastern Europe today.
- 2004-The third melamine unit commences production operations.
- 2005-A new, comprehensive product series based on modern technology and aesthetics called “ARTIKA”® begins production.
- 2009-The 2nd unit of post forming semi-finished furniture components , under the distinct title Polytheta® starts production operation.
- 2010 -Transformation of the subsidiary company EMOS LTD into a Societe Anonyme named AKRITAS BULGARIA SA .