On 20 July 2005, via an official letter to the UN, AKRITAS subscribed, adopted and committed to faithfully apply the UN’s Global Compact on Corporate Social Responsibility.
This action, which is interwoven with the philosophy of the company that has been in place from its establishment until today, demonstrates the company’s commitment to incorporating the Compact principles into its daily operations and undertaking initiatives that will contribute to the development of the community in which it operates.
AKRITAS is the third Greek company to subscribe and commit to the Global Compact on Corporate Social Responsibility, following “TITAN S.A.” and “Emporiki Bank”.
THE TEN PRINCIPLES OF THE UN GLOBAL COMPACT ON CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- 1st Principle: Business should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- 2nd Principle: Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
Businesses should uphold:
- 3rd Principle: The freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- 4th Principle: The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- 5th Principle: The effective abolition of child labour.
- 6th Principle: The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation..
- 7th Principle: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- 8th Principle: Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- 9th Principle: Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- 10th Principle: Business should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.